Yataiki - Consolidated Web Page
Yataiki, Miyano Dai Endo, Miyano Tetsunosuke III, and Endo Tomoya are all names which refer to the same man, the living legend saw maker more familiarly referred to as Yataiki. At Daiku Dojo, we have collected a lot of information on Yataiki over the years. This page is a consolidation of everything we have on Yataiki.
- Memorial Cha No Yu for Yataiki- Tomoya Endo April 1st, 2012
- Yataiki Stories, by Mark Grable.
- 2003 Team Yataiki Workshop. Check out the photo album by Jason Peace.
- Yataiki photos - Courtesy of Manny Hernandez. These photos were taken in April 2003 (Team Yataiki workshop at The Arques School of Traditional Boatbuilding).
- "Yataiki", by Mark Grable.
- Japanese tools, transcendence of craft beyond technique, by John Burt. John talks about the Japanese tool making tradition, with emphasis on Tataiki's career.
- Tomoya endo, a.k.a. Yataiki - from Misugi Designs, featuring some carving knives with steel made entirely by Yataiki.
- Yataiki Saws - from Misugi Designs, the sole distributor of Yataiki saws. Yataiki still makes saws from his old inventory of steel blanks. As of December 2006, only blanks for 240mm or shorter saws remain.
- Yataiki Endo, the Calligrapher - from Misugi Designs.
- Yataiki and Tamahagane - from Misugi Designs.
- 2007/01/01 - Page created.
- 2007/02/19 - Added more Yataiki photos from the 2003 workshop. Thanks to Jim Clarke for providing the photos from an unknown author.